Job opening: game developer (unity)
SUTD Game Lab is looking for a passionate game developer to join our team. The Game Programmer will visualise how systems should work, and translate this into a functioning solution using the existing game engine to develop prototypes or a polished game for training purposes.
- Game Development for iOS and Android with Unity3D
- Architect and implement practical and timely solutions that meet game design requirements, in new or existing systems
- Implement code that is modular, optimised and observes technical constraints
- Involvement in all areas of game development including gameplay, graphics, game logic, artificial intelligence and user interface
- Expected to learn new programming languages, development environments and system platforms as required by projects
- Maintain technical documentation, follow coding standards, and help the engineering team enforce good programming practices
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary and agile development team or an individual level, taking responsibility for self organisation and planning.
- At least 1 year of game programming experience, shipped at least a game (entertainment or serious) on either AppStore (iOS) or GooglePlay (Android)
- Experienced Unity3D Developer
- Ability to develop production or debugging tools for game designer, artist and production
- Ability to translate game requirements into game tech specifications
- Experienced with using version control systems such as Perforce, Gitor SVN
- Must be familiar with C#
- Experience in rapid prototyping process
- Knowledge of NFTs, metaverse, and blockchain
- Experience in version control administration for Perforce, Git or SVN
- Diverse background including experience with console, PC and web-based platforms
- Experience in Analytics, Data Collection
- Experience with AR and VR development (SteamVR, Oculus and Mixed Reality)
- Profile of game(s) developed previously
- We are looking for someone who is interested to liaise with stakeholders and head projects.