Research assistant in Music and AI
Our team at Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is looking for an RA in music and AI. You will be joining our team in music/audio/vision AI supervised by Prof. Dorien Herremans. More information on the music/audio team here. You will be working on a year project called ''aiMuVi: AI Music generated from Videos", which focuses on automatically generating music by specifying the emotion/tension throughout the musical piece so that it matches the emotion content extracted from videos. Related MIR topics may be explored.
- experience in Music Information Retrieval, ideally AI music generation
- knowledgeable in deep neural networks
- interest in machine learning for midi/audio
- interest or experience in music generation systems
- savvy programmer with experience in MIDI/NN in PyTorch
- creative problem solver- good academic writing skills
- BA in computer science, MIR, neural networks, or related
The ideal candidate has experience working with music generation or a strong background in machine learning, with familiarity in sound and music computing, and is willing to work with other PhD students and postdoc in the lab to leverage individual efforts into a combined system. This is a three year project sponsored by the Ministry of Education. We offer a competitive salary, with an initial 1 year contract.
For any info, feel free to contact me. Please email your application, including your CV, any first author publications, and the name/email of a reference, to dorien_herremans [ad] sutd.edu.sg with subject [application MOE RA]. Ideal start date is asap. Due to covid travel and employment pass restrictions, candidates should already be in Singapore.